Website Terms and Conditions of use
These term and conditions apply between you, the User of this website (Including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions) and Life on Wheels Cycles Limited (LOWCL), the owner and operator of this website. Please read these terms carefully as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the website and is not either:
(i) Employed by LOWCL and acting in the course of their employment.
(ii) Engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to LOWCL and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be 18 years of age to use this website. By using this website and agreeing to these terms and conditions you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All content Include on the website, unless uploaded by Users is the property of LOWCL, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Context means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compliance, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of Information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website Including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other Intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by Implication, estopped, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any content without the written permission of LOWCL
4. You may not use the website for the following purposes:
a. In any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the website or Interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the website.
b. In any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law or laws.
c. Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner LOWCL.
Availability of the website and disclaimers
5. Any online facilities, tools, services or Information that LOWCL makes available through the website (the service) is provided ‘as is’ and on an ‘as available’ basis. We give no warranty that the service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law w provide no warranties (expressed or Implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of Information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. LOWCL is under no obligation to update the website.
6. Whilst LOWCL uses reasonable endeavours and care to ensure that the website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
7. LOWCL accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website
8. LOWCL reserves the right to alert, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the website Including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified or ongoing version of the website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
9. Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
a. Limit or exclude our liability for death or personal Injury resulting from our or your negligence.
b. Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations
c. Limit or exclude our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
10. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
11. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, LOWCL accepts no responsibility for any of the following:
a. Any business losses such as loss of profits, Income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities.
b. Loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
c. Any special, Indirect or consequential loss or damage.
12. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person, we may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
13. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
14. These terms and conditions contain the whole agreement between parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
15. The contracts (Rights of the parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce on any provision of these terms and conditions.
16. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is Invalid, Illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted and the enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
17. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
18. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (Including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Life on Wheels Cycles Limited - registered company number – 10560525 Hillcrest Garage, Halkyn Road, Flintshire, CH87SJ – 01352 715716 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy & Cookies
Your privacy is very important to us, we make every effort to oversee the effective and secure collection, processing and storage of your personal data. LOWCL will be known as the 'Controller' of the personal data that you provide to us via this website. The data that we collect and how we use it is outlined below:
We collect basic personal data about you through email and contact e-forms via this website. This information is initiated and freely given by yourself and does not include anything deemed as sensitive. This does however include data such as but not limited to; name, company name, address, email and phone numbers.Why we need your data
Your basic personal data is collected in order to verify your identity and enable communication in reply to your interest in our products and services not limited to; cycles and cycle sales and servicing, ebikes and ebikes sales and servicing, booking demo slots/test rides and to register interest in our workshops we hold from time to time. We will not collect any personal data from you beyond which required to provide and oversee this service to you.
Data processing & storage
The personal data we collect is processed by the Controller and held in our office/stored on the company's digital devices and invoicing quoting apps. Appropriate security measures (both in respect of IT and manual) are in place to ensure the protection and safe storage of your data. Under no circumstances will your name, e-mail, phone number, address or other other personally identifiable information be sold on to a third party.
How long we keep your data
Your data is held on file for as long as necessary to oversee our service to you. For general enquiries/quotations without generating a booking or sale, we would keep your data for 12 months before deletion. This is for your convenience and ours enabling us to refer back to our notes and documentation issued at the time, in case you decide to return. Where a sale has been made however, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (aforementioned details etc) for a minimum of 6 years, sometimes longer where guarantees are issued, beyond which it will be reviewed and if considered no longer required, will be deleted/destroyed.
We would like to keep in touch with you via email to keep you informed with regards to our products, services, future offers, promos and details of news and forthcoming events that we feel may be of interest to our customers. We use MailChimp (intuit) as our marketing platform which sends out mailshots for this purpose. If you would like to hear from us in this way, please opt-in by entering your email address in the subscribe form box (available in the footer section on every page of our website). We will then contact you periodically with details as described above. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter you receive from us or contact us online with your email address and we will unsubscribe you *manually (*please allow up to 3 days for your request to be processed).
What are your rights
You may at any point request to see the personal information of yours that we process and what is included in our records. If at any point you believe that information to be incorrect, you can request to have it amended.
Should you have any concerns or wish to raise a complaint on how you believe we have handled your personal data, you may contact us to have the matter investigated. In the first instance, please email the Controller: email@example.com or you may write to us at Life on Wheels, Hillcrest Garage, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 7SJ
We aim to respond within 30 days from the date of your enquiry; Please also allow us sufficient time to investigate, process and respond to your enquiry - we will keep you updated throughout. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we are processing your personal data in a manner not in accordance with the law, you may file a complaint at the Information Commissioner's Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Cookies in Use on this Site
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily Like or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we may include sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies via Google Analytics
Data Collection and Retention
No personally identifying data is collected from this source. Data collected is anonymous, stored and retained within the Google Analytics app for a period of 26 months after which it will be automatically deleted, however this will reset on new activity should you revisit the site again thereafter.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies, however, doing so will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies by visiting the site below: